Empties: Lush's R&B Hair Moisturizer


A couple of months back, I decided to take my friend Dorian to our local Lush store.  I've been curious to try some of their products lately, so I figured why not make it part of our day out.

I scanned the shelves and counters looking for a product to try but I am not going to lie, the prices humbled my spending desire.  Initially, I settled on the H'Suan Wen Hua for my hair, but after speaking with the sales associate I decided to go with the R&B Hair Moisturizer.


According to the website, it is supposed to "revive and balance misbehaving hair." So I used the R&B for my twist outs after washing my hair and applying leave-in conditioner.

Now, I won't lie, $25.95 for only 3.5 ounces was hard to swallow.  I mean seriously, I feel like I have too much hair for that! When I did use the product I used it sparingly.  Surprisingly, a little went a long way.



There is a bit of a scent, which I usually don't care for perfume scents in my hair products. However, I didn't mind it with this moisturizer. The consistency isn't too heavy which made me concerned that it wouldn't moisturize my hair as well.  But surprisingly, my hair retained a level of moisture I was impressed by after application.

Here is the description from the website:
Enjoy some of our smooth R & B hair stylings to control your frizzy, flyaway hair. An instant best-seller, our easy-to-use “hair finisher” uses softening ingredients of organic avocado butter, oatmeal, olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil, jojoba oil and candelilla wax because they are extremely effective for conditioning the hair and scalp. Three of our UK shop managers came up with R & B to revive and balance their wayward follicles. It works well with African American or curly hair because it conditions with a lot of moisture. And once you smell the seductive orange blossom and jasmine fragrance, your hair will truly get its groove back.
Overall, the product was good and did it's job. But the ultimate question is would I repurchase it? And I would have to say..........

Maybe


Let's be for real, $25.95 for less than 4oz of product is not exactly in my regular hair budget.  Plus, this is not a holy grail product, so I can't justify buying this on a regular basis.

However, I would consider buying this again under a different financial climate in my household.  It moisturized fairly well for my very dry hair.  It is hard to over look something that makes my hair not look dry after a couple of days.

I would definitely recommend this product for anyone who has the money to drop $25 on a small product (it does come in a larger size as well).  The R&B Hair Moisturizer did give me a good 1st impression of Lush's hair care products.  The impression was strong enough that I would be willing to try more of their hair care products in the future.



Comments