Married, Pregnant, and Single

So for the past week, I have been in training for my new job.  It is five weeks long and a complete drag.  However, the other women in my class amuse me and I do my share in keeping others entertained.  However, y'all don't care about my training class, so I will move on.

On my first day of class, it was brought to my attention that about 90% of the women in my class were either pregnant, had kids, married, divorced, or a combination of the previous.  What threw me off was the fact that about half of those were around my age or younger.

It is slowly becoming a bit of an annoyance listening to these women talk about their husbands and children when I am stuck in my state of lonely nights or the permenant transition from single to not so single (long story).  Though being the single/childless woman amongst those who aren't so lonely sucks, it is the ages that fascinate me.

I am only 22 and feel like I have barely cracked into adulthood.  Though the days of running to mommy and daddy for every little thing are over, I know that they still have their hands lightly on my purse strings, which I am okay with due to some personal setbacks.

It blows my mind that at my age girls, hell even guys, are ready to be married with kids and completely settled down.  Don't get me wrong, if you can do it and that is what you really want, then go for it.  But it is still hard for me to believe that I am at the point in life where every time I get on Facebook, there is another wedding album of a high school classmate or another friend is pregnant.

I am still trying to figure out who I am and where I am going, the idea of involving someone else in that decision isn't something I want or need right now.  But when I look at the other women in my class glowing about their snotty nosed kids and their lazy ass husbands.............I start to feel something inside.

No, it isn't jealousy but at times I do wonder will my turn come soon (soon meaning in the next five years) because right now there is nothing on the horizon indicating that I will too have my own lazy ass husband TRYING to get me to cook for him or a snotty nose baby destroying my sex life.

While I know I am not ready for a kid (which my friends constantly remind me of: "you don't even like kids" lol......which is not true, just people's bratty ones that need an ass whooping) or having to share all my life decisions with someone else, it would be nice if I could at least get a little puppy and maybe a guy who I could see a future with that extends past the summer:-)

Follow my blog with bloglovin

Comments