On My Nails: China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise (Neon)

I have been changing my nail polish a lot lately. For some reason the polish has been chipping sooner than usual.  Anyways, in south Georgia spring is pretty much here, which means it is time to start breaking out some of my brighter colors.

This color has been in my collection for awhile, and the one time I wore it I didn't give it much love.  For some reason I thought it was from the Poolside collection from the summer (2010) cause of the color, but Turned Up Turquoise is a regular/permanent color.  Available at Sally's Beauty Supply or the 8ty8 Beauty website.

The color is pretty self explanatory, a neon colored turquoise (turned up).  It dries to a sort of matte finish, which is not my favorite type of polish. But there is nothing that gives you that indication that it is supposed to so I don't know if mine is defective or not.  However, you can simply apply a clear polish and the matte finish is gone. Another thing I don't love about this particular polish is the way it applied. It applied streaky and tended to break up as I applied it.  It took me 3 coats to get a "nice" look to my nails.

Overall, it is a pretty color when all is said and done, but it won't be one of my go to polishes for the hotter days. 

(unfortunately, you can't see the true neon-esque of the color due to my camera's flash, but you get the idea)

(just so you can get a comparison in how bright the color is, from left to right: For Audrey, Turned up Turquoise, Re-Fresh Mint)


Comments