On My Nails: Milani Neon Pink Rocks

So I picked up this nail polish from Walgreens a few weeks ago and was looking forward to trying it.  Like blue nail polish, pink was another color I did not care for.  But since spring is here and my nail polish obsession has grown, I wanted to branch out.  Another reason I grabbed it, was because I had had my eyes on the Zoya Mod Matte polish in Lolly, but heard it was a bit of a disappoint in regards to formulation.

Now, I have several Milani nail polishes and have liked them all, but this one completely missed the mark!  I don't know if it is just this color or all of the Neon line of polishes from Milani, but so many things were wrong with this polish.

First, the color goes on extremely sheer.  It looked like I had colored my nails with a pink highlighter.  Then I completely lost track after the 3rd or 4th application of how many coats I had to apply before I could get somewhat decent coverage (which still wasn't great).  Lastly, the color is not what I expected.  As you will see in the pictures, the final result gave me more of a orange color with a FAINT hint of pink undertone.  The first coat looked like the bottle, by the millionth coat.......it was something completely different.

Overall, I was extremely disappointed with this polish.  Maybe my hopes were too high:-(

*So the color redeems itself a little bit out in the sunlight and under fluorescent lighting, the first picture is the closets match.  It looks less orange and more pink outside. Just fyi. 







(from left to right)
1 coat, 2 coats, 3 coats

Comments