EMPTIES: Aussie Hair Insurance Leave-In Conditioner

So I'm starting to realize most of my empty posts are going to be about hair, nail and skin products.  Just a random observation.

I bought this particular bottle of leave-in conditioner back in the fall from Walmart.  It retailed for about $4.50.  Basically I needed a leave in conditioner, and I remembered using something from Aussie before (though I'm not sure if it was this particular product).  So I figured I'd give this a try.

According to the Aussie Website, this leave in conditioner/stay in protection is......

Infused with natural Australian Silk Protein, Hair Insurance Leave-In Conditioner Spray keeps long hours, hydrating and smoothing strands with conditioning that you don’t have to wash away.

Now, the first thing you will notice about this product is the smell.  It has a fruity smell to it, but it is not overwhelming.  Though I have mixed feelings about fragrances in hair products, something about this particular smell just enhances the product.

The product is not what I call natural, despite it's fruity scent.  It has several ingredients in it that are good for your hair though and I wanted to make note of them.
  • Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice: Aussie states that is a Austrialian aloe. Aloe-derived ingredients enhance the appearance of dry or damaged skin by reducing flaking and restoring suppleness. I didn't find anything about benefits for the hair, so I would assume this is only for the healing of the scalp.
  • Panax Ginseng Root Extract: Improves the strength of hair and avoid epilating (hair loss) in hair care products.
  • Amodimethicone: Ingredients that enhance the appearance and feel of hair, by increasing hair body, suppleness, or sheen, or by improving the texture of hair that has been damaged physically or by chemical treatment.
  • Cetrimonium Chloride: Prevent or inhibit the buildup of static electricity. Also, it helps to cleanse the skin or to prevent odor by destroying or inhibiting the growth of microorganisms and by helping water to mix with oil and dirt so that they can be rinsed away.
I used this spray every time I washed my hair.  It helped condition my hair, especially when I was transitioning.  Hair Insurance left my hair soft and manageable, which is something we all want in our hair care products.

Overall, the product was good and did it's job.  But the ultimate question is would I repurchase it? And I would have to say..........

YES

For the price and the results, I would definitely say this product is worth buying.  It may not be a holy grail product, but it is definitely worthy of being repurchased again.


Product is available at Ulta, Walmart, and other drugstores
For more information on ingredients in your hair care products, check out Cosmeticsinfo.org

Comments