EMPTIES: DeMert Nail Enamel Dryer

In the last year, I have grown to really love nail polish.  I love changing the colors and I do it quite often.  However, the one thing I hate is drying time.  I get really impatient when it comes to waiting for my nails to dry.  Can't tell you how many times I've nicked or smeared my nail polish because I couldn't wait to do something else.

I bought the DeMert Nail Enamel Dryer over a year ago and it only recently ran out.  Now, don't misunderstand.  This is not going to make your nails dry in 2 seconds after painting them and be good to go on to washing dishes.  However, it is a great way to speed up the drying process. 

If you go to the nail salon, you may have seen this bottle at the drying station or near the exit door.  It is described as "the professional manicurist's finishing spray for natural and artificial nail applications," but it is available to everyone (obviously).

This product contains di-panthenol, organic protein, and mink oil, which according to one website that combination creates "fast-drying, non-smearing manicures while conditioning both cuticles and nails."

Panthenol is used in cosmetics as a moisturizing agent and can treat inflammation. Mink oil is made from the thick fatty layer minks have just under their skins.  It is often used in cosmetics for skin treatments.

I do like this product, for the purpose of drying my nails.  I never really noticed if it did any thing for my cuticles, though it was not something I was looking for with this product.  The price of the product is very reasonable as well, $2.50 for 8.5oz (though prices may vary).

Overall, the product was good and did it's job.  But the ultimate question is would I repurchase it? And I would have to say..........

Not Likely 

The product was great, but you can only get it online.  Well, I can only get it online.  I've yet to see this particular brand in any hair/beauty supply stores I've visited.  While I don't mind buying online, this is a product that can be easily duped.  I bought another one from Walmart when my DeMert's ran out, and Sally's Beauty Supply sells one as well (online and in stores).  So unless, I am shopping the site again and want a back up, I'll stick with the one I got from Walmart.




I bought mine from 8ty8 Beauty

 

Comments