EMPTIES: John Frieda Heat Defeat Protective Styling Spray

As a product junkie, reaching the end of one particular item is not a frequent occurrence unless I really love a product or just don't want to waste the money by throwing it away.  So I wanted to start sharing things that I have finished and let you know if they would be things I would consider repurchasing.

Now, heat protector's are an important part of styling when you use curling irons, flat irons, or any tool that distributes heat.  I have tried my fair share of heat protector's and have found one I really loved; however, they stopped selling it at my local Walgreens and they only place I can now get it is at CVS.  Unfortunately, CVS is on the other side of town, and not the part I frequently visit.  So my search for replacement products has been ongoing.

I picked up the John Frieda Heat Defeat Protective Styling Spray from Walmart for about $6. Which I recommend checking out Frugal Dad to see if they have any coupons available.  It contains 6oz of product.  I used it mostly when my hair was transitioning, but have used it quite a few times while my hair was relaxed.

According to the John Frieda Website, the product is a.....
  • Protective styling spray works with heat tools to condition and straighten strands as it helps block humidity and rehydrate hair for ultra-safe styling.
  • Keeps hair smooth and straight for up to 24 hours.
  • Containing a special ThermaGuard® Complex, the formula helps protect against damage from heat tools such as blow-dryers and flat irons.
  • With Jojoba oil and humectants, formula silkens strands and replenishes moisture.
Now, the thing I do like about this product is that it does give me a fairly nice finish to my hair and does work for the 24 hours stated (which is not that big of a deal, since I can wrap my hair and can keep it straight with out the product).

Often, I find sprays just make my hair wet and when I flat iron it, the heat doesn't penetrate my hair shaft.  Therefore, my hair doesn't really get straight at all.  I find with this product, it doesn't spray out too much product, which is a good thing.  I recommend spraying it from a distance, like 6 to 8 inches.  The package states that you should apply to damp hair then blow dry, but for "ultra-straightening" you should spray on small sections of dry hair right before flat ironing.  I only used the "ultra-straightening" techniques because I hardly blow dry my hair.

Overall, the product was good and did it's job.  But the ultimate question is would I repurchase it? And I would have to say..........

YES

Though I still plan to try other alternatives, this product was a good buy and accomplished what I needed.  So I would have no problem buying this spray again:-)




Product is available at drugstores, Target, Walmart, and Drugstore.com

Comments