EMPTIES: Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Purifying Conditioner

When it comes to shampoo and conditioner, I usually don’t buy the two that are meant to be a set.  I usually buy a shampoo from one brand and a conditioner from another.  However, when I started using Carol’s Daughter’s products,  I decided to buy two products that correspond with each other.  I went with the Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo and the Conditioner. I will be reviewing the shampoo at a later date. 

I purchased the products online from Sephora. Unfortunately, the Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo and Conditioner are no longer sold on the Sephora or Macy’s website.  However, the last time I was at the mall they are available in both of the retailers’ stores. 

I started using the conditioner when I was transitioning to natural last summer.  When I first started using the conditioner, I will admit that I was not very impressed.  The conditioner is not necessarily a intended to be a deeply moisturizing conditioner; therefore, I guess it is my fault for expecting heavy duty moisturizing effect with this conditioner.   However, I bought the set because of my experience with another rosemary mint product.

According to the site:
Clarifying Conditioner. Ideal for All Hair Types.

We love this because it:
·  Invigorates and refreshes the scalp with cooling Peppermint Oil
·  Deeply conditions and provides lasting moisture and shine with Jojoba Oil
·  Provides damage control and helps minimize tangles with Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5)
·  Has Rosemary Extract to deliver antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits to hair and scalp.

PLUS, this has NO Parabens, Petroleum, Mineral Oil or artificial color

So what else is there to know about rosemary extracts and peppermint oil?

According to the Live Strong Website, rosemary is used in shampoos to treat dandruff and itchy scalp.  It is also “beneficial for oily hair,” says herbalist Rosemary Gladstar in her book Family Herbal- A Guide to Living Life with Energy, Health and Vitality.  “It will cleanse any excess oil from the scalp and make it obtain balance in its oil production,” states Gladstar.

Rosemary oil is also known to stimulate hair growth and strengthen the hair shaft.  Two things that are beneficial for treating hair loss according to acupuncturist David Crow in his book The Pharmacy of Flowers.

While most of the benefits of mint in shampoo seem more aroma therapeutic than anything, the biggest appeal for it in hair products is that it increases blood circulation.  The increase in circulation is believed to stimulate hair growth, another benefit for those suffering from hair loss. 

When combined with jojoba oil and panthenol, you get a product that is supposed to be deep cleaning and moisturizing.

Now with the small science lesson aside, we must move on to my personal opinion of this product, of course.
I mentioned earlier that I was not initially impressed with this conditioner, which is a shame because I loved the shampoo.  So when it approached closer to the end of the bottle, I sat it to the side and didn’t think much about it.

Right before I moved to my current location, I decided to either use up old products or toss them.  This conditioner was one of those use up products. For $16 this is not something I wanted to just throw away since it was not completely horrible.  I was pleasantly surprised that when I used the product again, my hair loved it.  

Since the last time I had used the conditioner, I had given up my natural journey.  So I don’t know why my hair hated it when it was natural and loved it when it was relaxed.  But I was disappointed that I didn’t have much left, since I had used most of it when my hair was still natural.

Overall, the product was good and did it's job.  But the ultimate question is would I repurchase it? And I would have to say..........

YES

While this isn't the best moisturizing conditioner I've ever used it still made my hair feel great.  While it is a bit pricey ($16 for 8oz), it doesn't have all of the extra foaming agents that can be damaging to you hair which is always a good thing.  If I ever decided to go back natural though, this is not a conditioner I would repurchase.




Information for rosemary provided by this site.
Information for mint provided by this site.

You can purchase this product from the Carol's Daughter website.

Comments