Current Favorite Drugstore Mascaras

Mascara is one of those mandatory items to bring a look together or bring life to a dull one.   Also, it is like the equalizer of makeup products.  With a few exceptions, I personally think there aren't any mascaras worth paying $25 for a tube that you are supposed to use for only 3 months. 

Now, I'll be honest, the 3 month rule is not always something I follow (sometimes 4 or 5 months), mainly because I don't share my mascara and I usually have several tubes I am trying during those ultra short 3 months.

Any who....

These are the mascaras I have loved the most, since my makeup fascination began.

L'Oreal Original Voluminous Mascara
I was a little late on this bandwagon. After watching dozens of videos of gurus raving about this mascara, I ran to Walmart this summer and picked up a tube.  To say the least, this mascara is amazing. It gives you great volume with out looking overdone.  It is a little pricier (prices may vary since it is a drugstore product) than other mascaras, but it is worth it.

Covergirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara (top) and LashBlast Fusion Mascara

I remember when when Covergirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara was just Covergirl LashBlast.  Once again, YouTube aided in me purchasing the product.  I eventually bought the LashBlast Length one (which is decent, not my favorite, but definitely worth repurchasing) as well.  The orange tube is great, but for those you have short, stubby lashes it may not be the most eye friendly (i.e. eye pocking).  When the LashBlast Fusion came out, I was confused.  It was was the EXACT SAME PRODUCT, but in a different tube.  I was slightly offended that Covergirl thought they could just fool us with a name change and a color change.  Long story short, both tubes are great and do the same thing. They are great on volume, but neither does much for length.  If you want a hint of color, then try out LashBlast Luxe.

Covergirl NatureLuxe Mousse Mascara
This mascara is also a recent love.  I saw the commercials for all of Covergirl's new NatureLuxe products and the ones I've tried have been hit or miss.  So I wasn't banking too much on this mascara.  However, I was more than pleasantly surprised by this product.  It is a light mascara because of the bees wax and goes on smoothly.  I originally thought it was going to be a lot like the Exact Eyelights Mascara, but it wasn't even close.  The NatureLuxe Mousse Mascara gives you length and volume that looks natural. The only downside is that I think this mascara MAY dry out too quickly, but that may have just been me.

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara
Rimmel mascaras have always been a hit or miss thing for me.  So I don't know what initially made me give this product a try, but I'm glad I did.  When I bought Lash Accelerator, I wasn't thinking in terms of eyelash treatments.  Not to sound arrogant, but I've been told that I have nice eyelashes, so it is hard for me to judge a product on how it grows out your lashes cause I never buy it for that intended purpose.  All of that aside, I LOVE this mascara.  It does give you instant length, enough that even I had to really take notice.  I don't know if it has any long term results like it claims, but if you want instant and incredible length this is definitely something to try out.

Maybelline Volum'Express Falsies Mascara
When I first saw this product, I will admit that I wasn't really feeling the mascara wand.  But once I saw everyone raving about it on the internet, I once again packed my makeup bags and jumped on the bandwagon.  The first time I saw it at the store, I was confused by the packaging because usually when u see blue coloring on any mascara that usually means it is waterproof and I usually avoid waterproof mascaras (harder to clean off). I still don't love the wand of this mascara but I will admit that it lives up to it's name.  It gives you great, over the top eyelashes.  Now if you really don't have many lashes to begin with, it isn't going to make u suddenly have some, but it does give a nice exaggerated look to your lashes.  They have this now in a matte black formula, which I personally don't understand because unless you apply too much mascara or actually have on huge, false lashes, when do your lashes look overly shiny?

Maybelline Lash Stylist
This is the second mascara I have ever used (first was Great Lash) and I have loved it since high school.  When people started hinting that they may be discontinuing this mascara about a year or 2 ago, I ran to the store and loaded up.  Maybelline has lost so many points from me for discontinuing this mascara and trying to replace it with Lash Stilleto, which by the way doesn't even have a similar wand.  They repackaged the mascara and called it something else (Volum’ Express Hypercurl Cat Eyes Mascara), but that is only sold in Malaysia.  Great for you if you live there, sucks for everyone else.  What I loved the most about this mascara is that it got every lash and gave me great definition and volume to my eyelashes.  It even made my mother's almost nonexistent lashes pop out. You can still find this masara online at Amazon and Ebay, but it sucks that I can't just run to the drugtore anymore to pick it up. (I am down to my last couple of tubes *tears*)

Comments