EMPTIES: Make Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation (173)

As a woman of color finding foundation can be a bit of a hit or miss experience.  Often, cosmetic lines only offer a few shades for darker tones.  Now I know everyone raves about the MAC foundation selection, which I will admit is nice and a easier price to swallow.  However, I was extremely impressed with the Make Up Forever HD Invisible Foundation, though I wasn't too impressed the the price.
While I had wanted to try this foundation for awhile, I just couldn't bring myself to pay the [insert wounded facial expression] $40 price tag. I mean, that is holy grail product money for a (formerly) single working class girl. However, I had managed to snag a bottle after a ex allowed for a minor shopping spree at Sephora.


What I am impressed by is that they have a large selection of colors (26 shades) and when the girl at Sephora tested a few shades, there was subtle enough difference between the colors that allowed me to find the perfect shade. For 40 bucks, I expect nothing less than perfection. I walked out of there thinking my face was too beat and all I had on was foundation. Then reality kicked me in the face...
After using the foundation for a few days, I notice I started to have small break outs.  Stubborn, I refused to believe that my new, "expensive" foundation could do wrong.  However, it was doing me so wrong. So for awhile, I put this product on the back burner.

Now according to the Sephora Website:
HD Invisible Cover Foundation



What it is:


An oil-free medium-to-full-coverage liquid foundation that covers skin imperfections flawlessly while remaining invisible on-screen and in real life.


What it does:


This long-wearing foundation creates a soft-focus effect, which is designed to meet the coverage concerns of those in the spotlight. It leaves your complexion with such a flawless finish, it can withstand bright or harsh lighting.

Eventually, I started using the product again (the thought of wasting $40, even if it wasn't mine, sucked), hoping it would be like what everyone says about MAC foundations.  If you don't know what I am talking about: I used to hear that your skin had to get used to the MAC foundations, thus breaking you out at first before it would be normal.  I personally experienced that with Studio Tech and this MUFE foundation. 

I would only use this foundation for special occasions, because who knew when I would be willing to spend $40 for a foundation, plus the way the container is, you can't see how much product is left.  That is definitely a con for me.  But after seeing the unretouched ads by MUFE, I started using this product more, realizing the full potential of this foundation.

Overall, the product was good and did it's job. But the ultimate question is would I repurchase it? And I would have to say..........

YES

This product has a great color selection and coverage.  The finish on it allows for you to get away without applying a powder, which is always nice.  While the $40 is a bit hard to swallow for 1oz of product, it is definitely a great foundation to have when you know you will be taking a lot of pictures (the holidays are just around the corner).  Plus the pump is definitely a bonus, it kills me how many foundations I use that don't have a pump and how much product I waste.

Just for reference, I am a NC45 and I am 173 (hence the title) in MUFE's HD foundation.  

Check out my review of their HD blushes!

Comments