On My Nails: Essie Coat Azure

I've had this polish for awhile and never knew whether I would actually wear it.  On the morning that I got married, I was rummaging through my nail polish drawer and I couldn't decide what color I wanted to wear.  I didn't want a dark color and white polish is such a hassle to deal with.  So I settled on Coat Azure, thinking it could be my "something blue."

After I had painted my nails, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this color (though my mother made me feel like an ass for wearing blue nail polish on my wedding day).  The blue reminds me of the color of the walls my room used to be painted in high school.  It was like cornflower blue or something.  I must say that I love this color, it is just dark enough to seem appropriate for fall and it has a pretty light silver shimmer in it.  The Essie website describes it as a "medium blue".

My only complaint is that the color seems to chip quickly.  It may just be me, but after a day the color is chipping on the ends.  But it's okay, the color is so pretty that I don't mind repainting my nails a little more often:-)
with flash

 
without flash

Comments