Review: Great Lash Curved Brush Mascara

So besides the dying desire to show you an up close look of my oily skin, I wanted to do a quick review of the Great Lash mascara with it's curved brush.

Like so many times before, I purchased this mascara due to an unsuccessful search for another mascara: Maybelline's Great Lash Designer Limited Edition Mascara.  Of course, when I saw this brush I immediately thought of the Falsies mascara, which sadly enough my brain didn't make the immediate connection that the same company makes both.

When I first tried the mascara on, I wasn't immediately in love.  While Great Lash is a good mascara, I feel as though I have out grown it.  Like it is a piece of my make up evolution that I look back on with fond memories but don't usually revert back to the beginning. 
 without mascara

Amusingly enough, it wasn't until I took the pictures for this blog post (which was a couple of weeks ago), that I really started to like this mascara.  It really did give me "umph" to my lashes.  The curve of the brush does allow for a bit of a curl and great length.  While I've seen better volume from other mascaras, this one is fairly nice.
 with mascara

Ultimately, I think this mascara is worth the buy.  However, for some reason I just don't like the brush that much.  Maybe because most brush applicators are now that plastic/rubbery like material and that is what I've grown used to, but Maybelline sticks with it's classic bristles on this one.

Either way, this mascara definitely has "repurchase" quality written all over it.


 original great lash brush on the left
 original great lash brush on the left

Comments