Review: Maybelline Volum' Express the Mega Plush Mascara

Originally, I picked up this mascara because I was fascinated by the gel-mousse formulation.  Too often I have loved the look some mascaras gave my lashes but the tube quickly dried out or they would cause my lashes to flake pretty badly.

According to Maybelline's website, this is why you will "love it":
Now, mega volume goes mega plush.
• Our first gel-mousse mascara with 40% less hard waxes for massive volume with a supple touch
• Extra-soft, patented Flexor Brush caresses lashes
• Lashes never brittle or flaky
• Available in washable and waterproof formulas
I actually like this mascara. It gives my lashes a nice, natural, voluminous look.  Also, it is always nice when a mascara holds true to it's word about not flaking up or looking brittle.

Now as far as the the brush, it is nothing special in my eyes. It wasn't until I checked out the website that I even realized that the wand had the ability to move.  The picture above gives off a false impression as if it really bends enough to matter.

This has been my go to mascara for the past month and something I would definitely repurchase in the future.
 Without Mascara
 Without mascara
 With mascara (sorry about my eyebrows)
With mascara


Comments