Wednesday Wishes 8/21/13

It's funny how long a week can feel as it is going but when you get to the end (or in this case another Wednesday), it seems like the week went by quick.

This week, I found myself wanting a lot more makeup items. Either that or there are too many makeup lines or collections with releases right now. 

This is what made my list:

Lancome DreamTone Customized Skin Tone Correcting Serum
So I've seen the latest commercials from Lancome for their new skin tone correcting serum and I admit I was intrigued.  I've never used any Lancome products but there are several that I have wanted to try.  What intrigued me the most about this particular product is that there are three.  There is one for fair skin, medium, and dark.  My skin has its share of dark spots but all the products I have tried or have wanted to try have been disappoints to me or friends.  Since this is new, I don't know what the verdict has been for others but I definitely want to try it.
 
Sugarpill Cold Chemistry Palette
I have heard about Sugarpill cosmetics for years but never had the desire to try any of their products.  I don't know why since they have received such rave reviews from makeup artists that I admire.  It is probably because they are known for their brighter colors and I usually try to keep it a bit toned down.  When I saw this palette on Instagram, I immediately saved it to my wish list on my phone. The colors are beautiful and I know it is pigmented.  Definitely hope to get my hands on it soon.

Benefit Rockateur Box Powder
Benefit's box powders have a love/hate relationship in my makeup filled heart.  I don't think they are targeted for women of color but I find myself still buying them.  With the exception of Sugarbomb all the ones that I have bought work for my skin tone but they are subtle (with the exception of Dallas).  Either way, this rose gold blush has caught my eye and I must have it.  That is the problem with being a makeup junkie. *shrugs*
 
 Wayne Goss' Makeup Brushes
I have watched Wayne Goss on YouTube for years and I love the honesty of his reviews.  So when he announced he was creating a line of makeup brushes I got excited.  My desire for these brushes are simply based on the fact that he seems so frank with his reviews that I assume he would make sure his product would be something of great quality.  Waiting for the reviews to come out though before I make this wish a reality.
 
 Season 2 of Orange is the New Black
There isn't much to say other than the fact that I love this show (binge watched it) and am disappointed that season 2 won't be out until some time next spring.  I wish the new season would come out with the rest of the major networks' fall line up.  If you have Netflix, I would highly suggest you check this series out.
 
So what is on your wish list? 
 

 

Comments