The Deployment Weight Loss: Day 1 (First Day of Cleanse)

For those of you have read my blog or followed my YouTube over the last few years, you may have noticed the constant start and random stops to my weight loss plans.

I wish I had a good reason or could say that I got down to my goal weight and that is why i stopped sharing.  However, I must admit that life and myself constantly got in the way.  But this time, I feel more determined  than ever.  Another thing I am afraid I have felt before but what else can I say?

Today marks two weeks since Akeem has deployed and it feels like the longest two weeks of my life.  It hasn't been the easiest time with him gone. I swear it is like dumb shit seems to happen as soon as he leaves and it doesn't take much for me to get overwhelmed.  Nine months with him gone? Yea............HATING IT!

With pretty much nine months to go, I am trying to focus on the things I need to improve in myself and in my life.  While I won't get too much into the other things I am trying to improve, weight is the biggest one.

I have no self control; therefore, when my husband drinks or eats poorly, I am inclined to do the same.  Don't get me wrong, I bring crap into the house too but I'm less inclined to buy certain things when my husband isn't home.

With that being said, I have already started plotting my course of action when it comes to my food choices. Whole Foods has become my friend and my enemy. I love the options they offer but I hate the prices. While this woman doesn't have the money to be getting her regular groceries from there (prices are high and it is a hour drive from my home), I have started getting some things from there.
 So this is the beginning of yet another journey to lose weight. My goal is 158 pounds. I know I have a ways to go but I am ready to work.  Today, I started my cleanse as well which I will do a review on once I have completed it.

I will be tracking my journey in between posts on My Fitness Pal, Fitbit, and Instagram.  Feel free to follow me there.

Well, that is all I got for you today, time for bed. Anyone else starting a weight loss journey?


Comments