Army Twists with Suave

As a military spouse, I don't have any restrictions to my hair styles.  Well except the ones self imposed by my errand days. And those days are just a simple high bun or ponytail depending on the state of my hair.

In honor of Veteran's day, I teamed up with Suave to do a military inspired hair style.  Now, as a woman of color with natural hair I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do anything without heat or weave.

However, after doing some research I found that the army, air force, and the navy do allow two strand twists after initially considering them unauthorized. So here are my army inspired twists:



Before I washed my hair....craziness lol
 
I began my twists with a wash and condition. I used Suave's Sea Minerals Moisturizing Body Shampoo and Conditioner.  I loved the smell of these products.  Since I live a block from the beach, it smells like I stepped outside.
 



 
A while back, I saw a YouTube video about using a tea shirt to dry your curly hair.  It helps to tame frizz and we all no that is a battle.  Even though it is Veteran's days, I usually use my husband's PT shirt. I use the long sleeve ones since he doesn't need them in Hawaii.  But today this was what was clean and he didn't need it since it was his day off ;-)
 




 
I used the Suave Luxe Style Weather Proof Cream to do my twists. Control over natural hair is important, and even more so when you are in uniform.
 



While I am obviously not in the army (don't want to offend anyone), just wanted to show you the finish product with my husband's hat. 
 
Thank you for reading my post and thanks to Suave for including me in their program.  Support Suave as they donate 10,00 products to troops overseas by using #ShareBeauty on your social media pages.
 
For more military inspired hairstyles, check out Dulce Candy's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE9C3gbLTNM
 



Comments