The Deployment Weightloss: 365 Complete Body Cleanse Review

During my quest to eat healthy (and completely disregard my wallet), I shopped at Whole Foods frequently. Since I had poor luck finding any new cleanses outside of the Acai one I have done several times, I thought Whole Foods would have a new one for me to try.

Whole Foods had quite a few options of cleanses and detoxes.  After looking at box after box, I finally settled on the Whole Foods brand of their Complete Body Cleanse.
The 365 Complete Body Cleanse consists of 3 pills: herbal regularity laxative formula, milk thistle liver cleanse, and cleansing fiber blend.

According to the Whole Foods website, the cleanse "is meticulously formulated for healthy digestion, system support and weight maintenance."

I usually do some sort of a cleanse when I decide to kick start another attempt at weight loss.  However, I was not expecting all the pills and honestly didn't know what each one was for when I started.

Herbal Regularity Laxative: This pill is to help cleanse the body of accumulated waste in the intestines The ingredients included in this particular pill are magnesium hydroxide, slippery elm bark, marshmallow root, fenugreek seeds, burdock root extract, peppermint leaf, fennel seed, ginger extracts, and red clover.  All together the pill is supposed to help promote smooth bowel movements, circulation, and healthy digestive systems.
 The size of the laxative compared to a quarter

Milk Thistle Liver Cleanse: This pill contains milk thistle, artichoke, dandelion, licorice and silymarin. This combination of ingredients helps to promote bile production and remove bacteria and other toxins from the liver and gall bladder.


Cleansing Fiber Blend: The last bottle of pills contains psyllium, oat bran, guar gum, pectin, and marshmallow root.  The combination of ingredients helps to push out toxins with ease, regulate digestive flow, and soften stool. Fiber binds to toxins and removes them from the body.


With all of that information, question is do the pills do anything?

I have mentioned before that I HATE two week cleanses. As if the bathroom visits weren't enough, two weeks of it is enough to make you rethink the process.  However, this cleanse wasn't too bad as far as me having to go to the bathroom.

In fact, the cleanse was relatively gentle compared to some cleanses I have taken in the past.  My biggest issue with this cleanse is the amount of pills and instructions:
  • The Cleansing Fiber Blend requires you to take four pills in the morning and four pills before bed for two weeks. However, if you do forget to take the pills in the morning, the box does instruct that you may take 8 at night as long as you don't do it daily.
  • The Herbal Regularity Formula requires you take three pills before bed for the first week and two pills before bed the second week.
  • The Milk Thistle Liver Cleanse requires that you take one at night for the first week, then one in the morning and two at night the second week.
I will be honest, there were some days I really struggled with the pills.  When transitioning days (from week one to two), I missed a pill or two. 

Usually, swallowing pills is not an issue for me, but even I had to take a second look at the pills when I first opened the bottles. The pills seemed rather large, so if pill swallowing is an issue for you then you may want to reconsider this cleanse.

As far as my diet and exercise routine during the cleanse, I didn't have one.  I tried to make better food choices but was not always a success and at the time, I was too exhausted from work and my son to workout.  So those are things that factored into my weight results.
 My beginning and second week weight
The end result

 Ultimately, I didn't lose any weight. Instead I gained about half a pound.  That is the thing with a cleanse, it isn't going to offset a bad diet or you not exercising.  Therefore, if you are looking for a cleanse to be your solution for weight loss without any other work, then you may want to rethink that hope.

However, the cleanse wasn't a complete loss.  First off, it did make me feel lighter in regards to cleaning out my digestive system. Also, I did feel a bit of a cleansed feeling but I can't quite explain that in words.  

In the end, this cleanser is something I sit on the fence with about doing it again.  While I think a different routine would probably make the cleanse more of a success, it is the amount of pills and the amount of time that keeps me on the fence.  I do plan to do another cleanse at the end of April/beginning of May. Since I have changed my eating habits and started working out more, I may reconsider doing this cleanse then.

I personally think if you are looking for just a cleanse to help clear your bowels, then there are other cleanses that you may want to look into.  The Complete Body Cleanse is for someone looking for a serious detox of their body's entire system (hence the name), not just to get rid of a little bit of bloat from infrequent bowel movements. 

If I do the cleanse again, I will be sure to post my results for you.  If you would like to see my current eating and workout habits, feel free to check out my food/exercise diary here.


*This cleanse was taken in January, I apologize for the delayed review.

Comments