Review: 14-Day Acai Berry Cleanse

The 14-Day Acai Berry Cleanse is a cleanse that I have used a few times over the last several years.  I even used it as recently as about 2 months ago but ended up having some sort of bug the last day, which made my results inconclusive.  But this time around, I am determined to jump start this weight loss.

The cleanse, the nasty part of my weight loss, is my first step to my 2 month weight loss.  Today marks day two of my weight loss plan as well as my cleanse.

So what is the purpose of a cleanse?  This particular cleanse is meant to cleanse the colon of toxins and waste.  The effects are similar to using a laxative but (in my opinion) not as harsh.  However, according to the Live Strong website, colon cleanses are only temporary solutions:

It is quite possible to lose some weight using a colon cleanser, but this loss is at least partly the result of water weight. Colon cleansers increase the rate of fecal movement within the colon, which limits the amount of fluids absorbed by the intestinal walls. During a bowel movement, a person using a colon cleanser evacuates more fluids than usual, giving the illusion of weight loss; however, this is a temporary situation. As soon as you replace the lost fluids, the weight will return.

-Dana Severson

Acai berries in weight loss supplements seems to be the new trend.  While there is no definitive research behind it, the fruit is purposed to have a "positive effect on fat-burning."

According to an article by Edie Mills, "Acai alone may positively impact fat-burning by helping eliminate toxins, which can slow down or impair fat-burning. More research is needed to determine whether acai can increase metabolic rate; however, it cannot hurt."
Now when you combine a cleanser and acai berry, you get:
14-Day Acai Berry Cleanse is scientifically formulated to cleanse your digestive tract and get rid of any excess matter that could be clogging your system.* In just days, you can experience increased regularity, reduced bloating and a flatter abdomen.*
-According to the Applied Nutrition website, the company who makes the cleanser

I personally don't take this cleanse with the expectation that I will lose some serious weight.  My intentions are to somewhat detoxify my body.  It is not my favorite cleanse, mainly because it is a 14 day cleanse as opposed to the 7 day ones I have taken in the past.  When you have a great need to go to the bathroom at the most inconvenient of times, realizing it last for a whole extra week isn't exactly appealing.

It is not often that I find a 7 day cleanser in the grocery store anymore (you can find more expensive versions at GNC); therefore, I keep coming back to this particular one.  The product gets the job done and I will say that I have lost the 2 to 3 pounds every time I have used it.  

Don't use this product often, for like laxatives, it can cause issues with your digestive system if your body becomes dependent upon it.  I also would not recommend this for long term results or a "quick" fix.

You take 4 pills a day, 2 before breakfast and 2 before bed.  I would recommend that you make sure when you begin this process, that you are able to have quick/easy access to a bathroom.  It has never given me the "runs" but it definitely will hit you all at once and unexpectedly.

I wish you luck with your weight loss journey.  If you have any questions, feel free to email me at contact_chrystynsview@yahoo.com and add me on My Fitness Pal: krisevans5059.

 My starting weight for this 2 month weight loss and this cleanse is 208.  I will post an update on the 7th and 14th day.

Comments