Empties: As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner

My empties are piling up and this one I have had for a couple of months.  After falling in love with the Pantene Co-Wash, I wasn't exactly in a rush to try out a new cowash.  But my cousin, who went to school to be a hairdresser and is natural herself, recommended this product to me when I asked what she used on her hair.  Since her hair looks great, I had to give it a try.
 I have seen As I Am products for quite some time, but after having relaxed hair for years and being clueless about natural hair care products it was just not something I ever bothered to check out.

A good cowash is always handy to have around because often shampoo strips the natural oils in your hair.  If you are like me, there is usually not that much product to wash out of your hair outside of oil.  So my hair needs to be conditioned more than it needs to be cleansed.  This is where this product comes in.

According to the website:

  • Spreads easily throughout hair
  • Gently cleanses hair and scalp
  • Maintains moisture, adds more moisture and helps hair retain moisture until your next cleanse.
  • Makes detangling a breeze
  • Rinses easily from hair.
  • Helps promote a healthy environment for hair growth
  • Gentle enough for daily use. Safe for color-treated hair
The website continues stating that the product will help maintain your natural curls. Also, that it is different than any other product due to a "special blend of natural ingredients that work to promote healthy hair growth from the follicular level."
 Overall, the product was good and did it's job. But the ultimate question is would I repurchase it? And I would have to say..........

YES

I am absolutely in love with this co-wash.  It is a little more than I want to pay for a drugstore hair care product, especially one that is harder for me to stretch over a longer period (because I used it often).  However, I love how this product feels on my hair. 


My hair dries out pretty quickly and absorbs any product fairly quickly.  So sometimes it takes quite a bit of product before I can feel any moisture in my hair (if I feel any). But with this conditioner, my hair feels instantly moisturized.  There are no suds with this conditioner (suds are usually associated with a stripping agent or just an unnecessary additive), so there is nothing for this product to hide behind.


Products that you have to scoop out of the container are usually an annoyance to me because often I waste product in the shower trying to keep it in my hand before applying it to my hair. But I am probably an over-scooper. Outside of that small issue, I highly recommend this co wash.  The conditioner is light and definitely moisturizing without weighing down the natural curls of my hair.  Plus the smell is amazing.

There is no reason a true product junkie wouldn't have this in their beauty cabinet.
 
As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner retails for around $8 at most drugstores, Walmart, and Target.


Comments